Between the high school kid we hired, my husband who is home every day now, and me, we have moved along nicely on the to-do list.
- Cut out winter damage in roses.
Clip back tulips and other spring bulbs. Dig grass out of all gardens. Cut up broken branch from last week's windstorm. Replant herbs (except parsley and oregano). Cut landscape timbers to fit around new climbing roses. Bring out patio table.
- Put new bench together.
Plant morning glory.
- Cut branches back from roof.
Pinch off peony side shoots. Empty garbage cans of dirt/weeds. Cover woodpecker hole in shed. Weed strawberry bed. Pinch off blooms from strawberries Build trellis for tomatoes.
- Put sealant on new bench and rocking chair.
- Finish cement edging in wildflowers.
Remove landscape fabric/edging around tree.
- Use edging from around tree to edge vegetable garden.
- Finish terracing behind shed
- Re-stain all landscape timbers.
As we've been working on the list, I again am reminded of how much I miss being outside. Fresh air helps with grumpy attitudes.
Without being outside I wouldn't get to see that we have blossoms on the tomatoes and pumpkins.
I would also have missed my clematis blooming.