- The plumber came and put in my new kitchen faucet from Day 56 and fixed our leaky toilets and showers. Now maybe our water bill will go back down.
- We had a high school kid come and do some yard work for us this afternoon. He's a keeper so we'll have him back again and again.
- My daughter got our new climbing roses from Day 62 planted. Red roses on a white arbor for the entrance to our rose garden.
- I finally (yes, finally) started on the quilt that I fought putting in the frame way back on Day 38. Better late than never.
- I rode the exercise bike for the 18th straight day. Yay!
- We celebrated Mother's Day today. My daughter heads home tomorrow and works through the weekend so we had a Mother's Day dinner tonight. We had barbecued steak, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, and grilled garlic bread. Yum!
- My daughter helped me (or I should say I helped her) finish up planting our garden. Corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, broccoli, cabbage, bell peppers, hot peppers, red potatoes, russet potatoes, kohlrabi, carrots, spinach, arugula, zucchini, cantaloupe, watermelon, kale, rosemary, basil, Italian parsley, and pumpkins. It's not pretty right now, but it will be soon.
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Day 64 of 365
Thursdays are usually pretty rough for me but today was a full, productive day.