It also has given me a place to:
- write down my thoughts.
- complain or celebrate.
- show off my skills.
- show off sewing projects.
- get encouragement from others.
- keep track of my exercise streak and mileage covered.
- document my life.
- take a picture every day.
- buy a new camera (so I can take better pictures).
- get out of bed.
- practice my writing.
- practice getting my thoughts together after having them scattered by too many pain pills.
- do a bit of teaching (with my tutorials).
- share the stories of my life.
- prove I am committed to kids and service members (with my sewing projects).
The one regret - the one area it hasn't had an impact - is in the weight loss department. As much as I wanted it to, it really hasn't led me towards healthier living. I have not led myself to healthier living.
But my destiny is in my hands. And it starts now. I've talked the talk now it's time to walk the walk. Tonight I enjoyed my last un-healthy meal, my favorite one I remember from childhood.
Two McDonald's cheeseburgers, fries, and apple pie.
My last supper. (Bad-for-me one, that is.)