It's Tutorial Tuesday and today we are sewing up a project fit for spring, a flower placemat. The measurement below make one placemat.
Looking for more sewing and crafting projects?
For each placemat you will need:
- 15" x 20" piece of backing fabric
- 13" x 18" piece of batting
- Heat 'n Bond UltraHold Iron-On Adhesive (paper-backed), one piece 7" x 7" and one 3" x 3"
- 8" x 8" piece of fabric for the main flower - I'm using orange
- 4" x 4" piece of fabric for the flower center - I'm using yellow
- 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" pieces of green fabric for the corners, cut two - I'm using dark green
- 2 1/2" wide fabric strips for the border - I'm using light green
- Template downloaded from here
- 9" x 14" white background fabric
- Basting spray
- Pins or Clover Wonder Clips
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting ruler
- Cutting mat
Disclosure: Deb's Days is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you new sewing and crafting content.
You can find the step-by-step how to tutorial for the spring flower quilted placemat sewing project right here: