Learn how to turn your fabric scraps into homemade drink coasters for Valentine's Day. Or for anytime of year!
It's Tutorial Tuesday and today we are going to use up some fabric scraps and strips to make these Valentine-themed coasters.
For this project you will need:
Looking for more sewing and crafting projects?
- One piece of backing fabric measuring 9 ½” x 9 ½”
- One piece of foundation fabric measuring the same – 9 ½ x 9 ½. (I’m using a piece of muslin but you can use any kind of cotton fabric you might have around.)
- One piece of cotton batting, 9 ½” by 9 ½”
- Fabric strips. Mine range from 1” to 1 ½” wide.
- Four red fabric scraps measuring at least 4” x 4”. If you’d prefer all your hearts to be made from the same fabric, just use a bigger piece of fabric. (That's what I did.)
- Something to use as a template for the heart (I’m using a cookie cutter)
- Pinking shears, optional
- Glue stick. (I like this purple disappearing glue.)
- Basting spray (I like this brand here.)
- Pins or Clover Wonder Clips
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting ruler
- Cutting mat
Disclosure: Deb's Days is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you new sewing and crafting content.
You can find the step-by-step how to video directions for the scrap fabric heart drink coasters sewing project right here:
Like what you see?
Your donation helps keep Deb's Days content FREE!