For today's Tutorial Tuesday we are making a quick and easy Valentine's Day heart corner bookmark from fabric. It's a good sewing project for a beginner and makes a nice last-minute gift, too.
For this project you will need:
- Two pieces of fabric for the back measuring 3½” x 3½”
- Two pieces of fabric for the heart measuring 3½” x 3½”
- Four pieces of paper-backed iron on adhesive measuring 3” x 3”. I'm using the sewable version of Heat 'n Bond.
- Pinking Shears
- Pins or Clover Wonder Clips
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting ruler
- Cutting mat
- Heart template downloaded from here
Disclosure: Deb's Days is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you new sewing and crafting content.
BRAND NEW! Now available in my Etsy store as a digital download with the written directions, step-by-step photos, printable templates, and link to the tutorial video. Click to find out more!
Otherwise, you can watch the how to video directions for this quick and easy homemade Valentine's Day corner fabric bookmark sewing project here:
Looking for more quick and easy DIY projects?