For today's Tutorial Tuesday I'm up with another Easter-themed project. It's somewhat similar to these Easter Egg Scrap Fabric Coasters I made earlier this month. While this hotpad uses a bit more fabric it goes together just as lickety-split fast.
For this project you will need:
- 4" x 8.5" cotton fabric for middle, cut 1
- 2.5" x 8.5" cotton fabric for top and bottom, cut 2
- 1.5" x 8.5" contrasting cotton fabric for stripes, cut 2
- 8.5" long piece of rick rack, cut 2 Caution...rick rack has polyester - it'll melt under high heat
- 8.5" x 10" piece of backing fabric, cotton
- 8.5" x 10" piece of cotton batting
- 8.5" x 10" piece of Insul-Bright
- Egg template downloaded from here
- Pins or Clover Wonder Clips
- Sewing machine
- Matching thread
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting ruler
- Cutting mat
Disclosure: Deb's Days is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to affiliated sites. This means that, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Your purchase helps support my work in bringing you new sewing and crafting content.
Looking for more Easter-themed projects?